13-Year-Old Boy Sexually Assaulted by 23-Year-Old Cousin in Nagpur; Lakadganj Police Register POCSO Case
5861
Nagpur, August 22, 2026 - Shubham Nagdeve

Nagpur: A 13-year-old boy was allegedly sexually assaulted by his 23-year-old cousin in the Lakadganj area of Nagpur, following which police registered a case under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act and relevant provisions of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita (BNS).


According to the police report, the victim and the accused are related as cousins. The incident allegedly took place before July 10, 2026, after the school reopened.


The victim, who had been unwell, was admitted to Mayo Hospital, Ward No. 36, for treatment. During treatment, the 13-year-old allegedly told doctors that within seven to eight days of the school reopening, the accused had called him home in the evening and allegedly sexually assaulted him.


The victim further told the doctors that the accused allegedly threatened to kill him if he disclosed the incident to anyone.


Based on the complaint, Lakadganj Police Station registered a case under Section 351(2) of the BNS and Sections 4 and 6 of the POCSO Act.


The accused, a 23-year-old man who works as a painter, was reportedly residing in the Mangalwari area of Nagpur. Police records indicate that he has not been arrested so far.


The case was registered on August 20, 2026, while the police report mentions the alleged incident period as July 10 to July 21, 2026. Police are conducting further investigation into the allegations.

Related Tags
Share
2023 © Copyright Nagpur News
Home
Category
Search
Connect
Menu